Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (at the shared accommodation in a twin room level) as well as a contribution towards travel expenses.
The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers on the basis of need and submission quality, and finally approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Abstract submission is mandatory for award eligibility.
Early career researchers are automatically considered for the award; however, you are encouraged to indicate finnacial need.
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website for applicaiton guidelines.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by April 21 and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.